Senior SAP Business One Specialist
Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next SENIOR SAP SPECIALIST to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking a SENIOR SAP SPECIALIST who will lead - ERP SAP Business One projects within the Operational Technology (OT) Team.
As the representative of the OT team on SAP related projects, the senior specialist is responsible for the on time in full execution of work packages including all the business processes performed in the application (including Add-ons), definition of third-party software integrations (e.g., LIMS), and the impact assessment of changes made over validated processes. It is critical that the senior specialist communicates well and has profound knowledge in the different business processes of the company as they will be working closely with multiple departments (Finance, Supply Chain, IT, Quality Assurance).
- Analyze, define, and lead the implementation of SAP system developments, including assessing process impacts.
- Manage third-party software integrations in SAP and coordinate with suppliers and IT teams for system configuration, maintenance, and optimization.
- Provide second-level support and troubleshoot our SAP System as SAP Subject Matter Expert (SME) to guarantee the system access and functionalities work seamlessly and correctly. Act as a crucial liaison between Viralgen and external consultants spanning all complex tickets or requests.
- Document processes for the SAP technical development team, participate in validation activities, and implement customized queries, layouts, and reports.
- Load and update large data sets using the Data Transfer Workbench tool.
- Design user training strategies to ensure seamless adoption of new digital solutions.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members, oversee students, and foster a dynamic, communicative, and respectful work culture.
- You have a degree in Business Administration, IT, or Engineering with comprehensive knowledge of working with business processes in SAP Business One and SAP HANA (at least 3 years of relevant experience). You have experience in effectively managing workstreams in large projects by organizing work packages demonstrating strong project management skills for coordinated implementation.
- Experience and understanding of financial processes, strong knowledge in manufacturing & logistic processes.
- Knowledge of Beas, Produmex and B1UP Boyum IT products is highly recommended.
- Fluent in English and Spanish both written and spoken.
- Proactive and positive attitude towards change and challenges.
- You are self-motivated and enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- You are comfortable working both independently and in a team environment.
Furthermore, the following are advantages
- Experience and understanding of pharma industry business processes and GMP practices.
- Expertise in SQL and Crystal Reports.
- Strong knowledge in SQL (Transact SQL, Stored Procedures, views, and functions).
Do you want to know more about how we can help you?