Procurement and Purchases Technician
Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next Procurement and Purchases Technician to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
- Evaluate and maintain up-to-date inventory of products and supplies, ensuring optimal stock levels are met.
- Collaborate with the finance team to ensure accuracy and consistency in accounting records related to procurement transactions.
- Research and propose cost saving opportunities through identification of more efficient suppliers and negotiation of better terms.
- Participate in the review of contracts and agreements to ensure compliance with internal policies and regulations.
- Coordinate with the logistics department to ensure timely delivery of products and resolve any logistical issues that may arise.
- Keep updated on market trends and changes that may affect procurement and purchasing in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry.
- Provide regular reporting on the performance of the procurement and purchasing process, including key metrics and areas for improvement.
- Assist in the management of the full procurement and purchasing cycle.
- Coordinate with internal departments to gather requirements and needs for products and services.
- Contribute in the identification and evaluation of potential suppliers.
- Assist in negotiating contract terms and establishing strong relationships with suppliers.
- Participate in the monitoring and enforcement of supplier contracts.
Collaborate with the quality control team to ensure that products meet established standards.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of all procurement transactions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Logistic or similar.
- At least 2 years of experience in procurement and purchases department, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Country language and English fluent as a must (presenting, writing, reading).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- You are self-motivated and used to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Communication skills and self-management.
Do you want to know more about how we can help you?