Import and Export Technician
Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next Import and Export Technician to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
The Import and Export Technician in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry involves the integral management of the import and export processes of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products, ensuring compliance with international regulations, customs regulations and the company's quality standards.
- Coordinate and execute the logistics of shipment and reception of pharmaceutical and biotechnological products (STARTING MATERIAL, SAMPLES AND FINAL PRODUCT).
- Ensure compliance with regulations and quality standards at each stage of the shipment process.
- Work closely with internal and external teams to ensure proper handling and delivery of products.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all shipment operations.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems or challenges related to shipments.
- Oversee proper packaging, labeling and handling of pharmaceuticals and biotech products to ensure their integrity during shipment.
- Coordinate and collaborate with shipping service providers to ensure timeliness, efficiency and compliance with delivery deadlines.
- Prepare and review necessary documentation for customs clearances, including quality certificates, sanitary registrations, import/export licenses and other relevant documents.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of all shipments, including preparation of customs documentation and other regulatory documents required for international transportation.
- Keep abreast of changes in international regulations related to the import and export of pharmaceuticals and biotechnology products, ensuring compliance with the current regulations.
- Implement and maintain quality control processes for shipments, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and standards.
- Manage risk and contingency management procedures to prevent and resolve potential problems during the transportation of sensitive products.
- Collaborate closely with the supply chain team to ensure proper planning and execution of shipments based on demand and product availability.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in shipping processes and propose and implement solutions to optimize efficiency and reduce operating costs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, International Business, Economics, Law or similar.
- At least 2 years of experience in shipping and receiving management, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and standards, including FDA, EMA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of foreign business rules (Incoterm 2020).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Country language and English fluent as a must (presenting, writing, reading).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- You are self-motivated and used to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Communication skills and self-management.
Do you want to know more about how we can help you?