Who we are
Viralgen Vector Core is a partnership uniquely positioned in the CDMO industry to bring forward a robust suspension platform for AAV production in a facility custom-designed to bring therapies to market as quickly as possible.
Leveraging the technology platforms of Askbio, Viralgen is able to support every aspect of your AAV program from start to finish, including large-scale manufacturing, fill-finish, and quality control in a GMP-certified environment in San Sebastian, Spain.
Your reliable partner for AAV Manufacturing, Development and Validation.
02Our Main Strenghts
Proprietary mammalian suspension cell-based production platform
- Viralgen Vector Core has licensed the Pro10™ cell line and manufacturing process from Askbio.
- Pro10™ cell line is derived from HEK293 cells and shows high yields across a wide range of serotypes and multiple chimeric and novel capsids.
- SV40 sequences are not present in the Pro10™ cell line.
- Industrial scale serum-free suspension culture system: manufacturing process based on triple transfection of Pro10™ cell line.
Large-Scale cGMP Capacity
- 3 independent state-of-the-art cGMP production suites (>1800m2), providing the capability to continually manufacture 3 different products simultaneously.
- 50L and 250L production scales to supply preclinical Toxicology/biodistribution studies to streamline development and regulatory review.
- Viralgen uses 50L, 250L and 500L single-use stirred-tank bioreactors for culture of suspension cells and production of rAAV, in compliance with GMP regulations.
- In-house QC lab for critical release assays.