Advance Data Analyst
Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next Advance Data Analyst to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking a Advance Data Analyst who will play a key role in establishing the advance data analytics platform at ViralgenVC and be part of the Data Science department with the mission to connect, explore and leverage data to generate deeper process insights leading to process characterization and optimization.
The main responsibility of this role is to lead the implementation of different use cases in the field of advance Analytics, with the goal to generate value out of the process and quality control data available at Viralgen.
- Lead advance data analytics projects, including business question development, generating relevant hypothesis, and driving the definition, design and industrialization of solutions.
- Support the establishment of the advance data analytics platform: definition of use cases focused on predictive analytics.
- Develop predictive models based on existing data at Viralgen focus on real-time monitoring of the manufacturing production process. Utilize advanced analytics for reflection and recommendations to adapt threshold limits, alert limits or action limits.
- Use advanced analytics and modeling techniques for data insights and root cause analysis.
- Work closely with our production, engineering and quality teams to investigate production processes and develop data strategies to improve product performance and ultimately quality outcome.
- Use data-driven insights to create your own ideas and developing algorithms regarding how we can advance our business.
- Proactively identify opportunities and solve challenging business problems with a variety of data tools in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Develop and train members of the team.
- Foster a dynamic, communicative and respectful work culture within the team and between different departments.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering: Computer Engineer, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent with a background in biological process technology.
- Several years of experience with biotechnological production equipment’s (Bioreactors, Chromatography) leading the delivery of groundbreaking projects.
- Previous experience developing predictive models with strong business analyst skills and strong experience interacting with very diverse departments.
- Solid understanding in statistical performance data, trend analysis for determining changes within a process (quality, engineering, production, or service).
- Good oral and written communication skills, being able to communicate complex concepts and data insights in Spanish and English.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills and a critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and take initiative.
- Self-motivated and used to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Able to learn quickly new technical topics and develop new technical skills.
- Proactive and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for producing high-quality work.