Safety, Health and Environment Technician
Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next Safety, Health and Environment Technician to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking a Safety, Health and Environment Technician who will play a key role on the structure of the company in Quality Control.
You will be responsible for working on all aspects of Health & Safety and Environmental policy in relation to implementation, day to day operations and compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Collaborate in the management of all aspects of the HSE policy in relation to implementation, daily operations and compliance with legislation and best practices.
- Assist in the implementation of ISO certifications 14001/45001.
- File update of safety data sheets for chemicals, reagents and gene therapy products.
- Occupational risk assessments and training planning.
- Collaborate with Viralgen's Health Prevention Service to prepare the evaluation of occupational risks and plan specific training and hygienic measurements.
- Manage administrative documentation:
- The Prevention Service.
- The Mutual Insurance Company for Occupational Accidents and Occupational Diseases.
- Waste management in the company. Ensure the correct planning and supervise waste collection.
- Internal inspections of workplace risk assessments to ensure that equipment, materials and production processes do not present risks to employees or the general public and to inquire about workplace accidents.
- Execute actions to promote health and prevent accidents and illnesses in accordance with working conditions.
- Execute actions to promote commitment to sustainability and environmental care in the work environment.
- Superior degree in Prevention and Occupational Risks and/or in Environment.
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Biology).
- Labour Risks:
- Degree/Higher Degree in Vocational Training or accredited experience for two years in a company, institution or Public Administration in the Department of Occupational Risk Prevention or environmental.
- Degree/Higher Degree in Vocational Training or accredited experience in a company for two years, institution or Public Administration.
- Training and experience in ISO certification implementation.
- Specialties in PRL.
- Knowledge of NCF/GMP.
- Official diploma, entrance exam or internal training. Intermediate level of English, both written and spoken.
- User level in the Office suite.
- Set goals and priorities when carrying out a task, agreeing on the action, deadlines and resources to be used.
- Direct all actions towards the expected goal.
- Manifest the values: Humility, Responsibility, Commitment, Teamwork and Effort.
- Discretion and respect for internal rules.