Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next Bio-statistician to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking a bio-statistician who will play a key role as part of the data analytics platform at ViralgenVC and be part of the Data Science department with the mission to connect, explore and leverage data to generate deeper process insights leading to process characterization and optimization.
The main responsibility of this role is to select and apply statistical tools to be able to make decisions under uncertainty. It is the responsibility of the bio-statistician to turn data generated in our biotechnological process and the quality control associated, into critical information and knowledge for improved process understanding and to facilitate data driven decision making.
- Build and select relevant statistical tools to become part of the Data Analytics Platform.
- Become Viralgen expert in the software JMP: perform statistical data analysis related to the product, the process and the quality control.
- Select attractive DoE models (e.g. for process characterization).
- Work with other departments across the organization and support them in topics related with statistics: e.g. set up protocols for the validation of a quality assay, select statistical methods to run a comparability test between quality control methods, etc.
- Foster a dynamic, communicative, and respectful work culture within the team and between different departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Engineering or Science: Chemical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or equivalent with at least 5 years experience or:
- a M.S. degree in Engineering or Science + 3 years experience;
- a Ph.D in Engineering or Science.
- Background in statistics and multivariate data analysis (MVDA) is highly valuable.
- Experience with JMP is highly valuable.
- Background in biotechnological processes is desired.
- Experience with one or more programming languages/programming tools is desired: Python, SQL, JupyterNotebook.
- Good oral and written communication skills, being able to communicate complex concepts and data insights in English. Fluent in English and Spanish.
- You have demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment (e.g. You are able to independently develop and implement technical solutions).
- You have strong problem solving skills and a critical thinking.
- You have demonstrated the ability to think creatively and take initiative.
- You are self-motivated and used to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- You are able to learn new technical topics and develop new technical skills quickly.
- Proactive and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for producing high-quality work.