Qualification & Calibration Technician
Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next Calibration Technician to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking a Calibration Technician who will play a key role within our Engineering and Maintenance Department.
Ideal candidate’s skills should be adequate to perform activities related to the qualification and calibration of instrumentation and equipment. In this role, you will carry out inspections, calibrations, and repairs on highly specialized equipment. You will also be responsible for qualifying equipment. To be successful as a calibration technician, you should have a good eye for detail, and will work quickly and methodically to ensure equipment is safe for operation, calibrated and qualified to the industry standards.
- Performing calibration and qualification of equipment in a Gxp environment.
- Drafting, reviewing, and approving Qualification Protocols and Reports associated with equipment and facilities inspections. (URS, SOPs, FAT, SAT, IQ-OQ-PQ).
- Monitoring and compliance of Annual Calibration and Qualification Plan.
- Participating in the continuous improvement of the CAPSA, deviation, change controls quality system.
- Executing company's qualifications and calibrations GMP instrumentation and related systems.
- Fostering a dynamic, communicative and respectful work culture within the team and between different departments.
- Experience of at least 2 years as calibration technician, with experience in qualifying equipment and instrumentation.
- Experience in calibration and qualification of equipment with a Gxp environment is desired
- Minimum training Higher Grade Training Cycle, Specialized Vocational Training or equivalent.
- GMP experience and knowledge is highly desired.
- Experience in management and coordination of related activities and suppliers.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Instrumentation knowledge is a plus.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Proactive and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for producing high-quality work.
- Proactive management and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- Communication skills and self-management.
- You are self-motivated and used to work in a multidisciplinary environment.