Data Analyst Biotechnological Processes
Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next Data Analyst to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking a Data Analyst who will play a key role on the structure of the company as part of the Data Science department.
One of the main responsibilities of this role is to collaborate in the implementation of a process information management system. This tool is aimed to 1) collect data from different sources (e.g. Historian, other data bases (e.g. LIMS), manual entries), 2) organize and contextualize these data and finally 3) analyze it and generate reports. This platform will provide Viralgen with high quality data. It is the responsibility of the data analyst to turn this data into critical information and knowledge for improved process understanding and to facilitate data driven decision making.
- Collaborate in the implementation and configuration of the Process Information Management System. Become an expert in this tool, being able to work closely with the operations department to configure the process and establish limits and ranges for the process parameters.
- Perform data analysis of the product and process data using state of the art methods.
- Perform advance statistical analysis using state of the art methods and develop mathematical models to simulate biomanufacturing processes.
- Develop stories and visualizations to effectively communicate complex analysis in clear and precise manner.
- Work with other departments across the organization to turn data into critical information and knowledge for improved process understanding and to facilitate data driven decision making.
- Foster a dynamic, communicative and respectful work culture within the team and between different departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science: Chemical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or equivalent with at least 5 years experience or:
- a M.S. degree in Engineering or Science + 3 years experience;
- a Ph.D in Engineering or Science.
- Background in biotechnological processes, statistics and multivariate data analysis (MVDA) is highly valuable.
- Experience with one or more programming languages/programming tools is desired: Python, SQL, JupyterNotebook.
- Knowledge of advance analytical methods and techniques such as Machine Learning in Biotech enviroment is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills, being able to communicate complex concepts and data insights in English. Fluent in English and Spanish.
- You have demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment (e.g. You are able to independently develop and implement technical solutions).
- You have strong problem solving skills and a critical thinking.
- You have demonstrated the ability to think creatively and take initiative.
- You are self-motivated and used to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- You are able to learn new technical topics and develop new technical skills quickly.
- Proactive and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for producing high-quality work.