Senior Scientist Translational Research
Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next Senior Scientist Translational Research to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking a Senior Scientist who will play a key role in the Translational Research team.
One of the main objectives of the Translational Research team is to advance the pre-clinical pipeline from identification of lead gene therapy candidates through proof of concept and IND-enabling studies to support initiation of clinical investigation.
- Generation and optimization of gene expression cassettes to support new programs in the pipeline. This includes executing experiments on the bench.
- Perform experiments in the laboratory to optimize the potency and efficacy of our gene therapy candidate vectors at the pre-clinical stage.
- Design and support in vivo studies to assess the efficacy and safety of viral vectors in animal models of disease. Depending on the prior experience of the candidate, hands-on execution of in vivo studies may also be performed.
- Analyze the data generated from in vitro and in vivo studies and summarize experimental findings by generating study reports in order to help identify lead candidate vectors for therapeutic applications.
- Manage external research collaborations with contract research organizations and academic investigators in a diverse array of scientific disciplines.
- Writing of peer-reviewed manuscripts and presentation of results at international meetings.
- Keep a current knowledge of the gene therapy field for example through extensive literature review.
- A degree in the life sciences in a relevant field such as molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or pharmacy.
- PhD degree in the life sciences.
- Solid experience of over 3 years in this sector (academia or industry) with similar responsibilities.
- Technical proficiency in the field of molecular biology (techniques such as ELISA, qPCR, molecular cloning, etc).
- Working knowledge of gene therapy is highly desired.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for producing high-quality work.
- Proactive management and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- Communication skills and self-management.