Molecular Biology Technician
Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next QC Molecular Biology Technician to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking a scientist who will play a key role as part of the Molecular Biology group in the Quality Control Department at Viralgen Commercial Therapeutic.
This person will be involved in the quality control of gene therapy drugs, working in a GMP environment. The scientist must show experience and deep knowledge of PCR based quantification methods.
- Participation in the continuous improvement of quality control assays for gene therapy drugs in the Molecular Biology department.
- Performing the assays under the corresponding Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Writing SOP, technology transfer protocols and method validation protocols in the Molecular Biology department.
- Development and implementation of DNA extraction and quantification methods as well as cell culture assays for the quality control of our products.
- Fostering a dynamic, communicative and respectful work culture within the team and between different departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology or equivalent.
- At least 2-3 years of hands-on experience in PCR based quantification.
- Hands-on experience in cell culture.
- Experience in writing of SOP and related documentation is highly desired.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Proactive and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- You are self-motivated and used to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for producing high-quality work.
- Proactive management and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- Communication skills and self-management.
- Perform job functions in accordance with approved SOP’s.