Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Head
Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next SHE Head to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking a SHE manager who will play a key collaborative role within our company.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of Health & Safety and Environmental policy in relation to implementation, day to day operations and compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Guarantee that production plants and the operations carried out in them, comply with the Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) regulations.
- Ensure compliance with legal obligations within occupational risk prevention, risk and emergency management, health and environment.
- Collaborate with Viralgen’s Health Prevention Services to prepare for the evaluation of occupational risks and to plan specific trainings and hygienic measurements.
- Securing and obtainment of official certifications in matters of safety and environment.
- Represent the Company in matters related to SHE in front of competent authorities.
- Manage and control the waste generated in the company.
- Carry out respective actions which comply with ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or equivalent is highly desired.
- Solid experience in leading teams of 5 people or more.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in SHE department.
- Technical proficiency in the field of SHE activities in Pharmaceutical Industry environment is highly desired.
- Knowledge in GMP is a plus.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Proactive and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- You are self-motivated and used to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for producing high-quality work.
- Proactive management and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- Communication skills and self-management.