Engineering and Maintenance Supervisor
Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next Engineering and Maintenance Supervisor to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking an Engineering and Maintenance Supervisor who will play a key role in managing the maintenance and engineering services in our facilities.
Ideal candidate’s skills should be adequate to lead and coordinate the Engineering and Maintenance department as well as to plan and review all related operations to achieve the strategic objectives of the company.
- Prepare and review annual preventive maintenance plan for facilities and equipment.
- Manage maintenance contracts and general services under the responsibility of Engineering and Maintenance.
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance including cost control of the activities performed in the department.
- Supervise and train maintenance technicians.
- Participate in coordination of projects pertaining the Engineering department.
- Supervise tradesmen and technicians during installations, repairs or maintenance.
- Development and implementation of the engineering and maintenance management system CMMS.
- Drafting and revision of work procedures SOPs.
- Fostering a dynamic, communicative and respectful work culture within the team and between different departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (within any engineering discipline) or equivalent.
- Solid experience in leading teams of 5 people or more.
- At least 3 years of experience as engineering and maintenance manager in a pharmaceutical /biotech company.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- AutoCAD experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations is a plus.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Proactive and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- You are self-motivated and used to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for producing high-quality work.
- Proactive management and positive attitude to change and challenges.