Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next DSP Technician to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking a DSP Technician who will play a key role on the structure of the company in DSP Downstream Process of production.
Skills to carry out the DSP department tasks such as liquid chromatography, filtration and buffer production. The technician must feel confident operating with the devices and equipment and show interest in obtaining a deep knowledge of the process.
- To carry out purification activities of different biological products under GMP standards using single-use technology.
- Participate in the installation and qualification of production equipment.
- Drafting of GMP documentation such as standard operating protocols (SOPs) and work logs.
- Preparation of buffers and solutions required by the process according to manufacturing guidelines.
- Participation in the continuous improvement of production processes.
- Execution of the company's production, training, and staff development programs.
- Fostering a dynamic, communicative and respectful work culture within the team and between different departments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Biology or equivalent.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in DSP processing in biologics production.
- Technical proficiency in the field of low-pressure preparative chromatography and tangential filtration of biomolecules.
- AAVs purification experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge in UNICORN software is a plus.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Proactive and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- You are self-motivated and used to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for producing high-quality work.
- Proactive management and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- Communication skills and self-management.