Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between AskBio and Columbus Venture Partners created in response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare around the world.
We are excited for our next DSP Lead to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking a DSP Lead who will play a key role on the structure of the company in DSP Down Stream Process of production.
The job involves organize and supervise the proper performance of DSP team with the assistance of the Manufacturing Head.
- Take charge of downstream stage of the production process, as well as the control of the facilities according to GMP standards.
- Ensure products meet the required quality.
- Approve instructions relating to downstream production operations and ensure strict compliance.
- Ensure that production records are completed following cGMP and according to internal company standards.
- Ensure the qualification and maintenance of your department, premises and equipment.
- Ensure that DSP team is properly trained and adequate to the needs.
- Participate in multidisciplinary validation teams by being the voice of DSP in them.
- Pharmacist, Chemical Engineer, Biologist or similar Universitary Degree.
- Solid experience of 2-3 years in this sector with similar responsibilities.
- Solid experience leading teams of 5 people or more.
- Technical proficiency in the field of low-pressure preparative chromatography and tangential filtration of biomolecules.
- AAVs purification experience will be an asset.
- Knowledge in unicorn software will be an asset.
- Fluent English and Spanish.
- Proactive management and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- Communication skills.
- You are self-motivated and used to work in a multidisciplinary environment.